Updated August 15, 2017
1. Information We Collect. When you register on the Site or via the App, we collect the following types of information:
(a) Personally identifiable information (PII): PII is information that personally identifies one individual from another. You voluntarily provide this information to us when you register to use the App. As of the effective date of this policy, we collect the following elements of PII during the registration process: (i) Email Address; (ii) Gender; (iii) Diagnosis (type of IBD); (iv) Birthday; (v) Height; (vi) Weight; and (vii) Medications taken.
(i) Why do we collect PII? We collect your email address to establish your account, and to send you informational and promotional email messages. You may stop receiving non-account related emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. We collect the other elements of PII listed above to help ensure the accuracy of the results that the App will generate.
(b) General Information: General Information consists of information that is anonymous in nature and does not identify you as an individual. When you utilize the App, our server automatically records certain information, which is sent by your mobile device and stored in log files. This includes your mobile device push notification identifier, operating system, carrier name, and similar data. We will also record your unique device identifier ("UDI"), which is an alphanumeric string of data that can either be part of the hardware of your device or automatically assigned to your device by the operating system or software.
(i) Why do we collect General Information? We collect your UDI in order to synchronize your event data with our servers. We collect General Information for statistical and other internal business purposes. Such information gives us insights on how our users use our site and our services. We use this information to ensure that our service continues to appeal to our users.
(d) Event Information: For best results when using the App, you will be requested to provide us with information pertaining to particular events, including the following: (i) toilet event details; (ii) stress inducing events; (iii) symptom descriptions; (iv) food, drink and medicaments intake; (v) smoking levels; (vi) weight; (vii) exercise & sleep & relax activities; and (viii) mood changes.
(i) Why do we collect Event Information? Event Information is required in order to fully analyze the circumstances that give rise to your symptoms.
2. How We Share information. We share information, including PII, with third parties in the following manner:
(a) We may provide some PII and General Information to third party service providers for the purpose of processing and/or storing such information on our behalf. We require that these parties process such information with due diligence. We also use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information and to use other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
(b) If requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose your PII to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
(c) In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information, including PII, is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. If we were to go out of business or enter into bankruptcy, customer information (including your PII), may also be acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any assets may continue to be used according to your PII as set forth in this policy.
3. How We Protect Information. We understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure. We transfer all data collected from users of the App to our cloud service provider for processing using industry standard data encryption, and results are returned to the user in the same manner. Although our cloud servers maintain backups of all user data, data consisting of PII are stored separately from Event Information, and each user is represented by a randomly generated unique identifier, so Event Information cannot be tied to PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot assume responsibility or liability for unauthorized access to our servers and systems.
4. How Long We Keep Information. We retain user information (including PII and usage records) indefinitely as a backup so our users will be able to restore their records if they switch mobile devices. We also use user information to create long-term statistics for detecting pattern changes, which will assist us in improving the App over time.
5. Your Data Management Options. You may edit the information you have previously entered (including PII) by adjusting user settings. You may only edit or delete the previous ten event records, but you may request that we delete all of your PII and other records at any time by sending us an email.
6. Children under 13. Our App is not intended for users under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that someone submitting information is under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. According to our Terms of Service, all users represent that they are at least 13.
7. Online Tracking Technology and Do-Not-Track Requests. We employ certain technologies such as Google Analytics that enable us to track your online activities on our App and websites over time, and to a certain extent across third-party websites. We do not utilize those technologies for tracking purposes, and offer no response to browser Do-Not-Track requests. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits by disabling cookies on your browser.
Prague 9, Czech Republic